A Brief Introduction to Counselling
Counselling is a “talking therapy” that allows individuals or couples to explore and understand personal and emotional issues in a safe and confidential environment with a trained practitioner. Issues could be from the past, present or in the future.
If it feels difficult or overwhelming then counselling may help.
Counselling may be helpful for
- Resolving problems
- Making choices
- Gaining insight and understanding
- Improving your relationship with self or others
- Working through difficult feelings
Types of difficulties may include but are not limited to:
- Relationship difficulties
- Health related difficulties
- Self harm
- Low self esteem
or any other issues that are troubling you.